Thursday, January 12, 2006

auf wiedersehen!

3:30am feeding - watching Project Runway. It reminds me of architecture school. Where you have 20 designers in a room and you can tell who are the 'stars', who are the ones that are just 'good' and who are the ones who aren't going to make it. Very interesting. I also like walking around saying, "You're either in, or you're OUT!" in Heidi Klum's accent. No one finds this as amusing as I do, unfortunately.

When I worked for a big name firm, I went to Century City mall for lunch everyday. Just recently, it went through a complete remodel. Upon Nanette's suggestion, I headed over there, since she said it was worth checking out.

The best thing about that mall is the "Family Room" in the new food court. I popped my head in there and was shocked! Euro-changing tables, free diaper wipes, toys for the toddlers, private nursing rooms, a kiddie-sized toilet, and if that weren't enough, a flat screen tv with non-stop cartoons. I could stay in there all day! Finally malls are starting to figure out that moms with kids are their best clientele, and if they cater to us, we will shell out the cash at their stores.

The concept of this new food court is an alfresco style - dining experience. It's pretty cool, although moving the food court upstairs proves complicated for a woman with two strollers. But I hoofed it along with the best of the hipster moms. How do I know they were hipster moms? They were the ones with the $900 strollers and the Prada diaper bags. So, surrounded by these hipster moms, studio execs and general slackers without jobs, I enjoyed the hell out of my Wednesday afternoon in the sun.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous shiz said...

General slackers without jobs - what a life! I dunno... a few weeks into this school thing, I told T that I didn't ever want to have a regular job again.

Poor guy, he didn't know what to say, so he did what was safest - smile.

On another note - the suckiest thing about going places during non-peak hours is that all the OLD people are out. They drive slow, they walk slow, they shop slow. ARGH.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!
-kat

p.s. I used to enjoy doing my Nancy Spudgeon impersonation to everyone's dispair. Heck, it even got on my nerves. "SIIIIDDDDD...."

I love Chloe Webb.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

That family room was awesome! They need one for people like Brent and I who are in their 20s but going on 5. :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love Project Runway. Love, love, love it. Just wanted to say. Carry on.

Friday, January 13, 2006 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I wanna be a hipster mom (but without kids) or a slacker without a job!

Friday, January 13, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria Winters said...

I love that show!

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home