Sunday, January 29, 2006

Burn you out of my mind, I know

Time: 10:30pm
Eating: ice cream (what else)
iPod party shuffle:
"Revolution" - Robbie Williams
"Both Ends Burning" Roxy Music
"Old Red Eyes is Back" The Beautiful South
"Pretty Vacant" The Sex Pistols
"What's My Name" DMX

Sunday night. Catching up on blogs. Reading other people's blogs is always interesting because I tend to find weird connections between my brain and what other people are writing about. It's like they're reading my mind and posting. Freaky.

Like today. 'betheboy Will' went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for the very first time. (See, that's what happens when you're a vegetarian, he didn't know what he was missing.) And ALL WEEK I have been dying to go to Roscoe's! Coincidence?!

If there's one thing I know it's Southern cooking. It's odd that 'bffjeningeorgia' lives in the South and I do not. Cause not only do I eat southern food quite often, and but I cook it rather well, and I like to watch it on tv. Yet I'm not 300 pounds - go figure. (Gotta be the ice cream.) Roscoe's - THE Southern California institution. I used to go often when I lived closer to one. I miss it.

One of my fave reads has always been Franklin Avenue. Reading about anything L.A. excites me cause I love my town. I was also quite humbled to find out recently, that Maria actually reads this here blog, which makes me wish I wrote about more important things instead of just my shoes. *sigh* Hi, I'm boring.

Today was a post about the great downtown Fine Arts building being sold. I worked in that exact building for several years. It's gorgeous and used for so many movies and commercials, that I recognize it instantly and always feel a little proud when it comes on screen.

The location leaves something to be desired, since not only was I once attacked by a homeless person there, but my friend was nearly knifed. But hey, it's still a great building. I remember working late one night around midnight and looking out and seeing Spawn climbing the building. Apparently they were filming the movie that day. Or I was just high on glue. Either, or.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Awww, shucks! I love reading about your shoes. And the tacos. And the music. And the Keanu Reeves. I can go on and on...

Monday, January 30, 2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Meet you at Roscoe's...bring the family.

Monday, January 30, 2006 2:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home