Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Everybody dies frustrated and sad
and that is beautiful.

It's 2am, I'm eating cookies and listening to Kajagoogoo. Damn. I really need to go to bed.

While scrolling through the iPod, I realized that there are some songs that I know EVERY SINGLE WORD to. Not ony do I know all the words - but seriously know every single beat, pause and chorus, as if I wrote the damn song myself.

"But Not Tonight" Depeche Mode
"Ask" The Smiths
"Bizarre Love Triangle" New Order
"When I Need You" Erasure
"Everyday I Write the Book" Elvis Costello
"Express Yourself" Madonna
"Question of Lust" Depeche Mode
"Don't Let's Start" They Might Be Giants

Yikes. Is that weird? It's weird, right? There's way more on this list, but I don't want to completely reveal how dork-tastic I am. I could sing them all to prove it to you, but that's not happening.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I know that Madonna song, too. Because, "satin sheets are very romantic, what happens when you're not in bed?"

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hey! We're BOTH dork-tastic! Ha ha!!

And Happy Belated Birthday to Little Mr. T! :) Hope his day was grand at D-land!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Nothing wrong with being dorktastic because it's hip to be square. :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Hey everyone!
I think Nanette just revealed that she is a closeted Huey Lewis fan!!
Oh wait.
Or did I?
Shit.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love that Elvis Costello song. It's on "Wedding Singer" :)

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:40:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

OMG - Kajagoogoo!! Brings back memories -- haha.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Nothing wrong with a little Huey, people. He was revolutionary with lyrics like, Y"ou don't need money, don't take fame/Don't need no credit card to ride this train."

Oh yeah, baby.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous mike p**m said...

gosh, you guys sound normal compared to me. i tend to not only memorize every word to songs (including those mentioned), but tv commericials, movie dialogues, and tv show theme songs.

i also think there's an unwritten rule somewhere that if you're a "depeche mode" fan, you must have memorized the words to at *least* 10 of their songs, including all the harmonizing parts.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Waist High said...

I think you and I are long lost sisters. Kajagoogoo?
You are my new favorite blog of the month.
Kisses.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Pratt said...

Waist High sent me. We share the lurve for 80's music.

Friday, January 20, 2006 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home