Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Iron Chef, Battle: SPRINKLES!

SO - where did I take the Kid on his birthday - why, Disneyland, where else!

I took him on Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time - uh, big mistake. He's a bit too young. And even though they cut out the raping and pillaging, I guess it's still scary. Skeletons and toothless men, scary, who knew? Uh oh, bad mommy. I think I just screwed myself, as far as him not being afraid of the dark.

If you go to the Plaza Inn, you can celebrate with all the other kiddies, and there is much joy and merriment. You get a birthday cake to decorate, a cute hat, and some tasty punch. Mickey and Minnie also make an appearance, and even though the Kid asked to see them all day, what did he do when they went to give him a hug? Well, he freaked of course. Good lord. Nothing like a giant mouse to set you off.

Here's the Kid's version of the birthday cake, decorated. He's got a thing for sprinkles, obviously. He's should have his own food network show, this kid.

.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Yum! Those sprinkles look delicious! Luckily, the kid is probably too young to remember the pirate and giant mouse trauma! I bet he had lots of fun too!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You're the best mom ever!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, but you didn't let him WATCH the 40 year old virgin right? At least not the unedited version. So in some way you're still probably a better mom than I was.

I love that bowl the cake & decorations was in. I'd have just left it like that.

I wish I could remember what my son was told at Orlando when he was there about Mickey's head and it not supposing to be off because it would devistate children. I'll have to ask him but I remember thinking they really take that stuff seriously...
-kat

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home