Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ladies love me, girls adore me

It's 2am. I'm listening to the Replacements.
No cookies to be found. Damn.

In high school I exclusively listened to alternative/goth or Manchester bands. So imagine my "bffJenInGeorgia" 's (That's you sister, don't pretend you're not reading this...) surprise when I knew all the words to "It Takes 2" by Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock.
Yep.
Another to add to the weird collection of songs I know by heart.
(That's by heart, not by "HEART." Thanks.)

"It Takes 2" Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
"Elephant Stone" The Stone Roses
"Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand"
(I Wanna Hold Your Hand - in German) The Beatles
"When Smokey Sings" ABC
"Story of My Life" Social D
"Save A Prayer" Duran Duran
"California Love" Tupac
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I love the Replacements! Brings back memories of college for me. And hey, there is nothing to be ashamed of knowing Duran Duran lyrics! : )

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous BFFJeninGeorgia said...

I HAD to comment. It takes two to make a thing go right, it takes two to make them out of sight. Whoo! Yeah! --Oh and thanks for the new nickname!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Ditto for "It Takes Two"
"When Smokey Sings"(Love that song)
"Save A Prayer"
"California Love"

Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:00:00 PM  
Anonymous yo bro said...

California Love? Are you shittin' me? Oddly enough though, I know the words to about half the songs on that Social D album, and I was singing "So Far Away" to myself just last week.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I'll bring you cookies next time you play the Replacements.

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:55:00 PM  
Anonymous rachel said...

that's a talent i don't have... I never remember lyrics well enough to quote them in songs and I've had people quote songs to me and even though the song will be one that I SWEAR is a favorite, I won't recognize it.

so my hat's off to you, girl, with your mad lyrical skills!

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home