Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Let's get some f*ckin' french toast!"

I know I used that quote before, but this time I mean it. Let's get some f*ckin' french toast, yeah!

When I was growing up my mom made pancakes or waffles every single Sunday. It was like a ritual, watching her make the batter while she wore these horrible Lanz nightgowns, which of course, she got me a matching one. This is why I wear a tank top to bed nowadays, I can't relive the nightmare that is the Lanz nightgown.

Anyway, I carry on the tradition of weekend breakfasts for my Kid. I am on a cookie cutter kick. You may see examples of this soon. But for now, I decided to use them to make breakfast fun.

As you can see, a very good friend gave the Kid a rockin' monkey plate. Goddam, all plates should have monkeys on them! Also I added that 'fruit garnish' just for Kat, since she makes fun of the fact that I garnish my Kid's meals. The whipped cream with sprinkles? Well that's just another part of the HIGH FAT DIET.

This isn't much of a recipe, more of a 'how to.'
.

8 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Funny you said cookie cutter. You should see my cookie cutter chest. Yes I said chest.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Trish said...

Those are cute!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Every meal should include whipped cream with sprinkles.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'll say it again - Best mom ever! :)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

where's the ice cream?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Ha!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Deidre said...

oh, lanz nightgowns, the horror! My mother loves the Vermont Country Store. She still buys Christmas presents from there. That store has the wackiest catalog I have ever seen in my life with all these candies from the 1950s. Scary.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Yummmmmmm.

Friday, February 03, 2006 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home