Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Office
Pam:"You cooked...your foot."

Yesterday I found myself at the dentist against my will. Pregnancy screws with your teeth, people. Anyway, usually I have no problem with the dentist, but for some reason I felt a lot of anxiety today. As I sat there with my mouth open, I wondered silently, why they play that god awful music at the dentist. It didn't calm me, so much as made me want to punch Peter Cetera in the face.

O.G.'s advice? "If you feel scared, just tell them, 'I want to go home.'" Sweet. Yet, retarded. That advice is similar to some she gave me when I told her that it's annoying driving with the sun in my eyes. "If the sun's in your eyes, just pull over and wait for the sun to go down." Brilliant. So if you see me pulled over on the side of the 405 at 10 in the morning, don't sweat it, I'm just waiting for nightfall.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

We need to get OG to start blogging. She's brilliant!

And last night's Office? We were crying when Jim was squirting them in the van! And in the ER!

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Funny thing is I never had problems with going to the dentist as a kid and I had a lot of work done.

Now, as an adult, I'm more anxious every time I go. Weird.

Friday, January 13, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

"Do you like candy? ...Cause you're sweeter than candy."

My stomach was hurting so bad at the part when Dwight crashed his car, got out dazed, threw up on his rear windshield, then jumped back into his car to speed off.

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't know why Pam couldn't have put the country crock on his foot.

So, OG got her offspring beat up and ridiculed a lot when they were little huh? Maybe I can tell them that at work when I'm negotiating a tricky deal:). Or when I'm late for work. I think the second's more likely.
-kat

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

this cracked me up.

i, too, was at the dentist last week. why, in the name of all that's holy, can't they come up with a silent drill? is that really too much to ask?

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home