Monday, January 30, 2006

So I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up,
and this woman was singing my song

I like Lisa Loeb. I think she is cute and has mad style. I attribute this to the fact that she collects Hello Kitty and has a black hoodie with a cute skull on the back that I'd like very badly. I was sad to hear that she and Dweezil Zappa broke up. I thought they were a cool couple.

Now Lisa has gone and committed the sin of all sins, a reality show. And to make matters worse, it's about her going out to find a husband. Some of these guys she goes out with are total wankers. She is better than that and it seems a little desperate, which makes me sad. I'm still going to watch it of course, are you crazy?

Although she went and showed her thong in last week's episode. Oh no she didn't! (*cue 'ghetto head shake and finger wag' from me.*) This may have been the last straw as far as I'm concerned. Thongs are a no no. I don't believe in thongs, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me. Or...something.
.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

I have a girl-cruch on her.
Have you seen her two kids' music videos on Noggin?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:01:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I liked her and Dweezel's show on the Food Network. This reality show idea I'm not so sure about. And thongs=yeast infections. Ewww.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I have a group of guy friends who call a thong sticking out the back of girls' pants "Flux Capacitators," a la Back to the Future. :)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Those thong pics and videos are all over the intarnet now....

when i heard the name, i was like.... who? sounds vaguely familiar haha

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

"ghetto head shake and finger wag" -- ha ha, funny stuff here!!!

Oh, and funny e-mail. What a gem! :)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Damn, I keep missing it. I really need to get TIVO. I didn't quite understand it either when I heard she was doing a reality show.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

heard the news on the radio about her show...I also thought sad, sad, sad. but oh well - reality is the way to go these days.

I didn't even know she was going out with dz. please don't disqualify me from the blog...

oh how funny...the "Word Verification" I got today read "yuomf" I though it was calling me a mutherf*r for a moment. hahahaha

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I just blogged (inadvertently) about Lisa Loeb, too. Weird.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Right on sister. I like the Lisa too since you know, back in the day. I'm thinking it's been pretty quiet from her so not only would she get back on the public mind by doing a show, but they must be paying her pretty good!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I like Lisa Loeb too. Sad to hear about the reality show and the thong! I saw her perform not a few months ago with Jill Sobule at Largo. They sang Simon and Garfunkle's "Cecilia" among other things and it was really good.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

So just to be clear, are we talking footwear or not?

Thongs don't kill people. People kill people.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home