Thursday, January 19, 2006

The sweetest infection, of body and mind
sweetest injection, of any kind

So, the baby, he's HUGE, right? While the Kid, he's super mini. It's like they have different parents or something. The Kid went to the doctor today and she was not happy with the fact that he is 2 years old, weighs a mere 20 pounds and is kinda short, albeit, proportional. So, get this, she put him on an all ICE CREAM DIET. No shit. How crazy is that? I wish I had that diet.

Basically, I'm supposed to 'fatten' him up or we'll have to give him growth hormones. I really don't think his mini-ness is that bad, so I don't want to go that route. The Kid eats like a pig, so I don't know what else to do. She said give him anything fatty, add butter to all his food and feed him tons of cheese. Here I am trying to be a good mom, giving him a bowl of grapes for a snack when I should be giving him a bowl of bacon, apparently.

Today was night one of the all ice cream diet. He had chocolate ice cream, on a cone, with sprinkles. Ate the whole damn thing. He tells me tomorrow he wants vanilla. I've created a monster. Think this will be enough for a week's worth of dinner??

15 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

An ice cream diet? Cool! And he didn't even need to get his tonsils out.

Friday, January 20, 2006 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

If I set off from London now I can be with you guys in time for dinner, right? Save me some sprinkles!

Friday, January 20, 2006 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger susieq said...

Oh my goodness, he must be in heaven now. What a lucky guy!

Friday, January 20, 2006 5:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Carol said...

I could live like that! ;) I apologize for the unsolicited advice, but how about giving him regular meals with milkshakes for snacks? Years ago my doctor told me to drink lots of milkshakes made with Ovaltine (for the vitamins).

Friday, January 20, 2006 5:28:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Wow - never heard of a doctor prescribing an all ice cream diet!

Friday, January 20, 2006 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Is your doctor accepting new patients? ;-)

Friday, January 20, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

My diet is very similar to that.

Friday, January 20, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I have never heard of such a thing. My son was about 22lbs at 2 years old, he is just naturally skinny and I feed them healthy foods, not juice and junk.

I think regular meals with a extra milkshake or two a day sounds better.

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

i'm banned from sugar for now( doctor's orders) - but i wish i was in your son's place right now!

Friday, January 20, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I don't know if I could live on an ice cream diet. But a diet of unlimited bacon? I could do that!

Wow! Kate's already over 20 pounds at 7 mos.!

Friday, January 20, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I like the sound of that diet. Although mine isn't too far off. Just subsitute ice cream for tea and chocolate!

Friday, January 20, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

That's too small, really? My son is 2 1/2 and last week at his check-up weighed 26 pounds. I'm sure an all ice-cream diet is a kid's dream. Well, good luck with the fattening up. :)

Friday, January 20, 2006 6:52:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I think that doctor is on crack. Or ice cream. If he's proportional, then that's a bunch of crap that doctor told you. He's fine, just little. In my opinion. Maybe if they said something like milkshakes with that healthy stuff from those health food places, but not to OD on fat. yikes.

However that bowl of bacon sounds really really good.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:45:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

Believe it or not, I have heard of that "diet" before. The niece of a really good friend was put on it, and they stressed "put butter in everything." She is 5 now, and still a wee little thing, but she loves butter.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:32:00 PM  
Anonymous judi said...

Have you thought of getting another opinion?

We need a scientific explanation to understand this approach. Anyone out there know one?

An all ice cream diet sounds just plain crazy to me.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home