Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taste so good, makes a grown man cry

As I stood in the meat aisle of the market, there was a young-ish guy, stocking the shelves. As I looked over my choices, and he came up to me...

Butcher: "That beef is perfect for hamburgers."
Jenn:"Well, I'm making shepherd's pie..."
Butcher: "
SHEPHERD'S PIE! Wow, I haven't had that forever!"
Jenn: "I haven't made it in years, so we'll see how it goes."
Butcher: "I used to BEG my mom to make that for me!"

Isn't it funny how certain foods can bring back memories or create such emotion? The guy was so excited I felt like I should invite him over since he wanted some so badly, geez.

Anyway, how did I get here? Oh yeah. I was watching Tyler Florence teach that dumb girl how to make shepherd's pie on "How to Boil Water."

Try it out. And just think, if you screw it up, *cutie* Tyler Florence can always come over and help you out.
Here's the recipe.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

I cannot believe that I immediately knew that song. I feel dirty. Thanks a lot Jenn.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

The recipe seemed do-able for me until I came to the mirepoix part. Huh? It's a triumvrate? What's a triumvrate? Most of my cooking terminology involves "rip box open" and "set microwave to".

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

It's easy Myra, honest. Easy as...PIE.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Dear Monday said...

LOL!! Is that lyrics to a certain hair band? :)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I saw that episode. That's not how I made mine a bit different.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Did you ever end up buying or getting any of Tyler's books? Ooooh - he is a cutie...I need to watch more food network...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home