Thursday, February 02, 2006

How can someone so beautiful be so sad?


What was so pathetic about tonight's episode of the Office was the fact that I've BEEN to one of those "all women" meetings, and holy shit, it was exactly like that. We too, had to talk about our dreams and such. Like Pam, I basically sat there sketching the entire time to avoid reality. Um, also I may have galvanized the whole "yeah let's do this!" attitude of most of the women... just to amuse myself. Maybe.

I also had a "Jim" that I went running to, to tell about all the crazy shit that went down. However my Jim was gay. And asian.

What happened in our meeting? The girls wanted to 'unite' and take over one of the coed bathrooms (yes we had those) as their own. The particulars of what made up a 'girl only' bathroom, I have no idea. But 'my Jim' assured me that it probably had to do with pictures of vaginas hanging on the wall.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

The Pam/Jim situation is killing me. It was so sad when Pam started crying about the "house with the terrace." I almost forgot I was watching a comedy.

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Thought you might find this funny...

Brokeback TO THE FUTURE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfODSPIYwpQ

Friday, February 03, 2006 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Funny, that's similar to what I always tell people about if I wrote HBO movies "for women, about women" - only it would be male, not female. And it would be everywhere. Why else would I watch OZ? Please...

I don't thing I like this sneaky bend The Office too. But I can't help but talk to the tv anyway. Take the internship...

Earl is still good - I sure hope nobody runs out and tries that carpet thing though.

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was mad at NBC for the way they cut the promo for last week's episode. It was sooo cheap of them to splice Jim saying "Sometimes you just have to go for it and say what you feel" (paraphrased) to the shot of Pam crying like he had confessed his feelings.

The pain of The Office is what makes not just a retread of "Office Space" or a live action "Dilbert" strip and Pam's breakdown was emotional enough on it's own without NBC cheapening it with deceiptful editing.

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home