Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lips like sugar

People ask me for recipes all the time. What I get asked for the most is crock pot recipes.

Everyone loves a crock pot! Well, not 'bffjeningeorgia'. She thinks raw meat sitting in a pot all day is disgusting. Well, when you put it like that...

This is a recipe that I use for parties. I made it for the Kid's birthday - which I realize was a month ago, but hey, my camera is acting crazy, so take what you can get.

People just LOVE this recipe. But really, how can you go wrong with anything covered in bacon and brown sugar, hm?
Recipe, HERE.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm going to have to make this for Eric! We usually make our 'lil Smokies in the crock pot with hot sauce mixed with grape jelly (it's a Southern thang).

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Those look good. I have a couple of things coming up to try that for.

Jodi - we do that in the midwest too and recently I tried adding dijon mustard to that mess. It's really good! With meatballs too. The first time I tried it they called it Notre Dame Meatballs.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I'm with jen in georgia. I only use mine for nacho cheese. Not because I think it's disgusting, but a whole other crock pot accident that happened to a neighbor. I won't get into it, but it involved having to scrape meat off the ceiling. :P

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

I did the jelly and chili sauce before too like Jodi, but bacon and brown sugar... yummy.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home