Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I can feel, the discomfort in your seat.
And in your head it’s worse.

My new Belle & Sebastian cd, as well as the new Elvis Costello 'jazz' album, arrived today and all is right in the world.

What is not right in the world is my fat ass. Ok, it's not that fat considering I have now lost 13 pounds on the 'eat ice cream, don't exercise' diet. But still. I went bridesmaid dress shopping today and what the FEH is up with the fact that wedding attire is like 2 sizes bigger than what you normally wear? It's wrong to make people feel fatter than they are on a day when everyone's looking at them. More conversations about dresses:

O.G.: "...and I remember his mom cause she used to belong to that group. You know, the 'elite' one. They all wore white dresses."
Jenn: "The KKK?"
*ignoring me*
O.G.: "They used to go to dinners..."

I like to screw with her. It amuses me. I am evil.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

Your grandma sounds totally cool. Wish I still had a grandma

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You are not evil. You're hilarious. What's evil is the wedding/bridesmaid dress industry. I remember that whole "two sizes bigger" thing, and it really pissed me off. Why not make the bride and her ladies feel special? How about two sizes smaller? They'd totally sell more dresses! And all would be well in the world. Just saying.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:45:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

I hate bridal sizes too. I almost felt depressed until I found out my fellow bridesmaids were in the same boat so I didn't feel so bad. Plus I was told that they order the biggest size dress according to your biggest measurement - so you may have a size 4 body but size 12 boobs. Plus that's probably how the bridal shop gets you on alterations.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I agree with Jen! The bridal industry should definitely institute Vanity Sizing for brides! It's when ladies need it the most! :)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I wore a hideous bride's maid dress for a friend's wedding (it was black. . which is fine). Anyway, the style was hideous.

I felt like LINDA BLAIR in the exorcist.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Leslie. Don't start with me. Grrr in your general direction.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muwahahaha!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home