Monday, March 13, 2006

I dreamed all day, 'bout a rock and roll weekend

Sunday morning means driving to the Hollywood Farmer's Market. When the Kid is in the car, we HAVE to listen to the Wiggles. He's demanding like that. That's how he rolls. But when those tiny eyelids shut, I switch it to MY music on the sly. Still, you can't fool everyone...

Husband: "Ok. Kid's asleep, you can turn off the Wiggles now."
Me: "Uh...this is SOCIAL DISTORTION."
Husband: "Oh. Sounds like the Wiggles to me."

Can you tell the difference? Social D. - The Wiggles.
I don't think that was the sound Mike Ness was going for.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

I resorted to telling Will that the Wiggles CD was 'broken' last week. Because he understands broken. Too bad I felt really guilty immediately afterwards about lying so it was magically repaired. And I am still in hell.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I do that too! I tell the Kid, sorry, Wiggles is 'broken', only Erasure is working. I'm horrible.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I remember putting in The Dead Kennedys for my brother once and he asked "What's this? The Beach Boys?"

Monday, March 13, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

sacrilege! social d is the bomb!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home