Sunday, March 19, 2006

I hope I'm old before I die
I hope I live to relive the days gone by

This weekend I found myself in a conversation with a girl. Well. "Conversation" depends on how you see it. She went on and started...talking. Nonstop.

"He's younger than me but that doesn't bother me, even though I've always been attracted to older men, I'm 23, you know? And..."

It's horrible but all I could think about was the fact that NOTHING was coming out of her mouth. Not that what she was saying wasn't important to her, but it was just...random shit.

"And I'm glad that he listens to me, cause I need people to listen, you know? And I think we are really good for each other..."

As I stood there listening to her, I just sort of...glazed over. I thought to myself, good lord, is this what I sounded like when I was in my early 20's? I guess I never really thought that there was much of a difference between 20's and 30's, but there is. Also, if you haven't noticed, a blog by an early 20 year old is vastly different from a 30 something year old, as well. Not only the subject matter, but the way they are written. I guess I can relate better and appreciate more.

"Funny you should ask, we met a rave actually..."

I like this girl a lot. She's really nice and fun, but I thought - man, I must seem REAL OLD to her. Especially since, good lord I can't even imagine going to a rave right now, but YES, probably if I was in my 20's, so there you go.

Bringing this post full circle, 'bffjeningeorgia' is coming in to town. Um, I just realized that we graduated from high school 15 years ago. F*ck. I am old.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

She reminds me of that girl from The Office, the one "dating" Ryan! :)

Sunday, March 19, 2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

when i was in my 20's my cousin already in her 30's said it's actually better being thirty-something...and now that i am in my 30's it IS actually better-though you do have a little bit more fun in your 20's.

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Hotwire said...

heck, i'll see your being 15 years removed from high school and then raise you another 10 - the class of 1981, now that's OLD...!

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:01:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Hah! The girl that came to my mind reminds me of Ryan's girl too! We all have at least one I guess. It's really fun when one of your peer friends is "dating" them. As long as you're clear that you will not humor any of it. I always say I'd like to see them cook a little longer. They may come out.

21 years and counting (hs grad)

Monday, March 20, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Solomon said...

It will not really have effect, I feel like this.
check

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Chester said...

Oh my god, there's so much effective information above!
easy shrimp recipes | Brooklyn neighborhoods | universities in Illinois

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home