Monday, March 06, 2006

Laissez les bons temps rouler

It was my mom's birthday last week. Seeing as how our family likes Southern food I made a tricked out version of traditional red beans and rice, with a few extras - kielbasa, tomatoes, and lots and lots of spices.

I also made some yummy lemon cupcakes. I am still on the hunt for a cupcake recipe that is airy, not heavy. No luck so far. Cake mix is the right consistency, but I just CAN'T stand that cake mix-y taste. I taste it, I'm telling you. It bugs me. I used a color paste for the flowers which made them nice and bright. Although my piping skills leave something to be desired.

Recipe HERE.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I love that cupcake tower! Is that from BB&B? I think I may have registered for it! :)

Monday, March 06, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Cupcakes. Yum.

Goes well with Cheezy Pizza Bites.

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

you must try martha stewart's cupcake recipe. anne introduced them to me and they taste really really good.
here's the link:
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1125&contentGroup=MSL&site=living

Monday, March 06, 2006 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

5 LARGE EGGS??
Is she high?
High on eggs?

Monday, March 06, 2006 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

haha!
i do have a magnolia cupcake recipe that's a little lighter than this one and is good w/ the MS cream cheese frosting!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home