Wednesday, March 15, 2006

long in the tooth and short on wisdom

6:30 am, and I'm out the door. I didn't even know Starbucks was giving away free coffee today. Kill me.

Today was the last of my dental visits. *cheers all around* It was the final of three visits to the 'high tech dentist.' 7 hours in total. That's 4 hours longer than the labor of my second kid, by the way.

At the end of it all, he showed me the before and after, and...it was unbelieveable. Crumbelieveable, even. Turns out the 'butcher dentist' not only left an instrument in my tooth, but he put a post in there, not down the root canal, mind you, but just randomly drilled it into my tooth, at an angle. Thanks, dick. If he had pushed any harder it would have come out of the side of my tooth. It's a miracle I still have the tooth and that this new 'high tech dentist' was able to save it.

I am forever indebted to him, literally, seeing as how after paying him, I now have no money to eat anyway. I have also come to the realization that novicaine does a number on me. My heart starts pitter pattering, I get weak in the knees and feel faint. Those all sound like the similar symptoms of being in love, only with novicaine no one wants to kiss you when you are all drool-y.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

I totally missed out on free coffee day. Bummer.

Really? Three hours of labor?!?

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Your post got that song the dentist sings in Little Shop of Horrors stuck in my head.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I heard about free coffee day and then forgot. Grrr. I could have used it too and I have 2 Starbucks in walking distance from work too.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

yay for being finished! i'm glad you are whole again. also: novocaine gives me the same pitter pats. combined with being paralyzed by fear, going to the dentist is duh-reamy!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Well, I'm at least glad that ordeal is done. And I'm glad you still have your tooth.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger ren said...

i'm glad you are ok. two notes on this:
1) i have never had novicane depite having all my lower teeth mercilessly filed. i feel that i have missed out.
2) i am not so much offended by "crumbeliveable" as i am...baffled by it. who really thought that was a good idea? really. and for that matter, who thought cheese crumbles were that great an idea? same guy i guess.

oh and also...heh...rick astley...heh.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Aw, come one. You had at least $1.40 to grab a taco, right?

Of course you probably couldn't eat it anyway.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Actually, I just enjoy saying "crumbelieveable."

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home