Saturday, March 18, 2006

Now it begins, cleanup time

Birthday cupcakes. These are the Martha Stewart cupcake recipe. Another on my quest for the perfect cupcake. Sadly, this wasn't it. It was on the right track though. But 3 sticks of butter and 5 eggs? Christ woman, you must be making up for the crap prison food. Thanks for the tip anyway, Joyce.

The frosting is my special COFFEE flavored buttercream. That's right, bitches, I said coffee, and it's every bit as good as your caffeine addled brains can imagine.

The Kid 'helped' me out with the decoration. Uh, let's just say four cupcakes got sprinkles, and the rest? Well...

6 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Whoa! That's a lot of butter and eggs. I hope you find a cupcake recipe soon and share it with me, because I think I've finally gotten sick of box mixes.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Good Myra, box mix, bad. BAD!!!

When I come to visit in a few months I will make you some nice delicious cupcakes from scratch.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:00:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Yah!! With the coffee flavored buttercream too please!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Our favorite fat lady (Barefoot Contessa) was the one who came up with that cupcake recipe and Martha ran with it. I use that cupcake recipe all the time, but it's more dense, almost like poundcake and you are looking for something airy right? Try a chiffon or genoise cake. (I've been meaning to make the Passionfruit or Guava variation...)

Then send me the edible results via mail!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i'll e-mail you the magnolia cupcake recipe. i make that one when i don't have the ingredients for the MS recipe. it's a bit easier and less ingredients.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:33:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Why is your amazing coffee buttercream recipe not in your recipe section? hmmmmmmmmm?

Monday, March 20, 2006 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home