Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Second best is never enough,
you’ll do much better baby on your own

Growing up we had two refrigerators. One in the kitchen, and one in the garage. The garage one was stacked to the gills with Coke, for my dad, who drank it like water.

Now that I am older and have my own house, I also have two fridges, much to the dismay of my husband who sees no need. He said "no one ever grew up with two refrigerators." That sounds like that line from Back to the Future, "No one has TWO television sets." Whatever.

So when my brother called the other day, to see if he could have that second fridge, I refused. I want my second fridge. I need it. For...uh, stuff, yeah. I don't know what for, but I need it. He said that it was ok, he'll just go buy a cheap one.

If only my brother only took the time to think about it, he'd realize that the second fridge was actually his, and that he left it with me after he moved out of his last place. Haha. *evil laugh* Second fridge is mine all mine!! If you have anything you want kept cold, bring it on over.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

We only had one fridge when I was growing up, but my parents have had two for several years now. The second one in the garage, filled with soda, beer, bottled water, etc.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger marzi said...

we always grew up with 2 fridges! you're not alone. people do live that way!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:53:00 AM  
Blogger Hotwire said...

man, you have to have two! the one in the kitchen for the regular stuff and the one in the garage for Coke, beer, and popsicles!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

we have two in our house too! (though one reason is b/c my husband's cousin lives downstairs and brought his with him). it's good b/c there's never any room in just one...plus i grew up w/ two at my mom's house -- they needed it mostly for the freezer though.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

My parents have a fridge in the kitchen, one in the garage and a big ass deep freezer in the basement. The one in the garage is seriously old, like the prototype from when they first started making what my grandma used to call 'ice-boxes'.
We have two at our house. One in the kitchen and the other in the garage which is stocked full of Juice Boxes, soda and Lean Cuisines (in the freezer).

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

TWO fridges??!!?!?

I think socal edison sent me a pamphlet on ppl like you!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

We had two fridges, too, except our garage one was filled with Shasta. :)

Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous yo bro said...

My sister is evil. I just unecessarily spent $500 bucks on a fridge.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home