Thursday, March 30, 2006

Some guys think they are SO great, and the thing is, they're not.

Blogging is weird. You can become really good friends with someone and never even meet them. Sometimes you get to know their personality better than their own 'real life' friends.

A friendship like this can go on for years until that one fateful day when they say, 'So, do you want to meet for dinner?' Then you think, oh shit. I actually don't know this person. Are they going to stab me or what?

Well that's what happened to me tonight. After 'knowing' Nanette for a really long time, I finally met her face to face. And you know what? She totally stabbed me. Bastard.

I was kidding about the stabbing, but the dinner was really cool. I delivered the wedding programs I designed for her, since she will be married next week on a very nice rain free day. One thing we didn't talk about was the Office, which is weird since we both LOVE that show. Will Jim and Pam ever get together??

It felt like we had been, or should have been, friends for years and years. You can go to her blog and get her side of the story. It probably goes something like, "Jenn is scary and now I need a restraining order..."
.

10 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Did you bring cupcakes? 'Cause I would have totally stabbed you if you showed up without cupcakes.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I know what you mean. I have a friend I "met" through a Duran Duran mailing list (dork!). I'm a little nervous, but also excited about Comic Con this summer as I expect to meet you, B.K. and other people I "know" through the internets.

I don't stab or do anything too scary. Dorky maybe, scary...not so much.

Friday, March 31, 2006 2:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's great that you two finally met in real life. I've known Nanette for years, since our days working at a "the Boutique," and then later in college when we were in a lot of the same classes and same major. Isn't she just like her blog? I'm so sad I can't make it to her wedding, b/c she came to mine, but I'm sure it will be fabulous, thanks in part to your programs and of course, b/c it WILL NOT BE RAINING!

Friday, March 31, 2006 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Jodi's going to meet B.K. the Burger King? Ew - that guy's scary.

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

All this time I thought you guys were "real life" friends.... well, you are now!

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I agree - it was like we've known each other for years!!! We'll definitely do it again. And I promise - no stabbing. I'm a flesh-wounds kinda gal.

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I thought you guys knew each other already too. I'll be on SoCal this summer so I hope netiher of you stab me.

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yvett, we won't stab you but don't be surprised if we show up to meet you and are wearing your outfit, have your haircut and have changed our blog names to hellojenny and hellonanettey.

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Yeah, I don't want to meet any of you. Freaks.

I've met two online friends so far and I think there's something wrong if you don't have that apprehension. Both of mine were keepers though.

Funny you'd mention stabbing. Two Indiana schools had stabbing incidents this week. Similar but one was boys and one was girls. Maybe it was over a myspace thing...

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm still recovering from my stab wounds.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home