Monday, April 03, 2006

All I want to do is see you again, is that too much to ask for?

How long should you let your kid cry?
10 minutes? An hour? Two days?

Well, with the wonders of technology I can now 'watch' the baby and see what all the fuss is about. Is there a ghost in the room? Did he swallow his fist? Whatever, now it's all on a video baby monitor for me to see.

The sad thing is, I can't stop watching the thing. It's riveting. Even after he starts crying, I just...stare at the screen. Only until he reaches a full high pitch screech do I realize, 'Hey, maybe I should pick him up.' Or not. Maybe I'll just turn down the volume.


*The more red lights, the louder the crying.
Hi. I'm a bad mother.

4 Comments:

Blogger PirateKayle said...

man I should get me and my friends some video baby monitors. Way cooler than walkie talkies.

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dear Monday said...

This post made me laugh. It's probably cuz I'm a bad mother.

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

We have a video baby cam too, and the way it looks makes me feel like I'm watching those Nanny cams where they catch those psycho people shaking their babies!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Nah! The red lights mean that you're supposed to turn the machine off and roll over to catch more zzzzzs.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home