Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Do you remember? There was a time...

So I'm sitting in the car, readying the baby to go into the store. This car pulls around the corner, and the guy looks so familiar. Then I realize it's someone I knew a lifetime ago, who I hadn't seen for about 10 years!

I strap the baby on to me (thank you, Bjorn) and go inside. As I look down the aisles for him - I think, there's no way he could recognize me, anyway. I don't have glasses anymore and my hair is about 12 inches shorter.

I turn the corner and he's standing there. As I say his name, his eyes get really big and he says, "OH MY GOD." I hate starting conversations with, "Do you remember me...Jenn?" I feel like a jackass. But that's what I did, and he did in fact recognize me and looked at the baby and said, "You've been busy." Ha. Why do people say that? It's like you're supposed to say, "Yes, I've been busy having sex. Here's the proof." Whatever.

Anyway, I think it's weird to randomly run in to people like that. This city is so big, yet not. But it happens all the damn time. Especially with movie stars too, which is even more odd. Cause for a while I thought Tori Spelling was stalking me.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I've been stalked by Jenny Garth and Meg Ryan. Same place, same time. All the time. Weird

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

The other night, while walking down the street, I passed a girl I'd been friends with in college. Nearly ten years ago. In New York. We both made the scrunchy "do I know you?" eyebrows as we passed each other, both turned around to look back, and finally both realized who the other was. And she doesn't even live in L.A. - she was just visiting.

Quelle bizarre.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Eric and I have been stalked by Brian Posehn for years now.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Sometimes people mean you're busy dealing with kids you perv. Sometimes;).

How awful for you to be stalked by Tori. I think Julia Roberts & Stephen King finally got tired of stalking me.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

an old boyfriend, huh?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
OpenID scintilla72 said...

... when people on the street... were walking hand in hand in haaaaaaaand?

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home