Tuesday, April 04, 2006

a heartless hand on my shoulder,
a push and it's over

Last night. 3am.
Morrissey: M is for Manchester. Oh cable tv, I love you and you love me and we should get married!

Even though my cousin insists, he's 'fat and tired looking, thus perfect for VH1', I still *heart* Morrissey. Ringleader of the Tormentors - his newest release, comes out today. I would say this is one of his best albums. The past few have been slightly disappointing, although I'd still buy anything he puts out. But RotT seems to bring him back to the good ol' Moz we know and love.

In addition to this cd, there's ton of things that I am waiting to purchase. These things will get all the cash I make when I pull up a box on the street corner and sell lemonade:

IMA ROBOT
An L.A. band. "Your love creeps me out." They are playing the Sunset Strip tonight for a mere $7. Check it out.

Replacements - Best of
I know that this boy likes 'em. So do I.
Here's what pitchfork says:
"Shit, even if these two new songs are an embarrassment, isn't that just the kind of Replacements-worthy fuckup that's always made them so endearing? Yeah, either way we win."
Indeed.

Erasure - Union St.
After DM, my second favorite band in the whole wide world. Acoustic? Here's my ATM PIN number, take whatever you want.

Stereophonics - Live from Dakota Even if they are called the "Matchbox Twenty" of Britpop. Blech. Phooey to that, I still like 'em. This is good stuff.

Sondre Lerche - Duper Sessions
Unlike all the other 23 year olds that annoy me, this is one who I DO think is awesome. His new stab at jazz-pop.
.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

Did I tell you he and I have the same birthday too?! SO COOL. Ha, ha!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger will said...

We played Moz's new one in the store today. I really like it. I'm glad he's cranking them out again. He took too much time off...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Will, I will come to see you someday. Maybe when it stops raining.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger ren said...

hunh. fat and tired looking. i actually thought he was starting to look good. go figure. still sounds like kermit to me though.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love The Replacements. And Ima Robot's pretty cool too, although I haven't heard a lot of their stuff. They opened for Duran Duran's L.A. show, but I missed them.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home