Saturday, April 08, 2006

Know when to walk away and know when to run



I guess I should rethink my Christmas gift list.

So I was reading this article in Parents magazine about this woman who had plastic surgery. I was pretty much anti-plastic surgery til I read this article. Now I want it. Sort of. Maybe not.

This woman had twins and got so damn huge, that afterwards, she had lots of tummy/skin left over. She exercised, lost 30 pounds and it still remained. She got a tummy tuck and now looks like her pre-pregnancy self. If that was the end of the story, I'd say sign me up, cause I look like crap. However, the story goes on to detail how the surgery is performed (where they cut you), they advised her to get lipo too while she was at it to 'even her shape out,' and the kicker, the fact that it costs $10,000. Her husband was like 'no way', so she got her mom to pay for it. That all seems a little ridiculous. Just live with it already.

So while I am not exactly happy with the way I look,
1. I can buy a sh*tload of shoes with $10K
2. I don't want to end up looking like Kenny Rogers.
HAVE YOU SEEN KENNY ROGERS LATELY? Good lord. I liked his face before. It had character. Now he couldn't even pass for one of those guys on the 'men who look like Kenny Rogers website.' Sad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

I know, on American Idol last week, I was thinking, "that sounds like him, but why doesn't it LOOK like him???"

Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Wow...I had no idea about Kenny Rogers! I don't believe that is him.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Rick Springfield too. Now he looks like a creepier version of himself.

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:21:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Well you know, Will Sasso lost all that weight so he had to do something to keep up.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home