Sunday, April 16, 2006

Michael: Apparently in the medicine community, negative means good. Which makes absolutely no sense. In the real-world community that would be chaos.

You may be wondering what happened with the Kid and his 'high fat diet.' Or not. I mean who cares, he's not your kid, right?

Well we went to the doctor last week, and lo and behold...no weight gain. I knew this before we got there. So me, *smartie* - I bundled him up in the heaviest clothes I could find, shoes on and everything, and threw him on the scale. He went up from 20lb 8oz to 21 lb 2oz. Ha. It fooled the doctor enough to let him slide. Nice. I shoulda put rocks in his pockets for good measure.

It got me thinking. How much extra do clothes weigh? So I went home and weighed myself. My jeans weigh more than a pound. Wow, that seems like a lot. Completely naked I weighed 2-1/2 pounds less. Even weirder.

So what did I learn from this experiment? Mostly that I should close my shades when I'm standing naked on the scale.
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous c.beans said...

I'm glad you were standing.

Monday, April 17, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

what would the doctor say if he didn't show any weight gain?

Monday, April 17, 2006 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home