Wednesday, April 12, 2006

One day the boy decided, to let them know the way he felt inside, he could not stand to hide it

**ENTER THE CONTEST!**

Have you ever read 'Hell Is Other People' by Jean-Paul Sartre? Today I was in my own version of it, at the car dealership. I was getting my car serviced which meant an hour in a waiting room with strangers and free donuts. The hell part, was the fact that the Tyra Banks show was on a tv, with no remote, a lock box, and thus no way to change the station.

I settled into a chair with the newspaper and my free donut. To my right - a 40 something hispanic male eating pnuttles. To my left, a very large 60 something white male with a moustache, and to his left a 20 something asian dude who was sleeping. Tyra's topic for the day was 'People who need to reveal secrets.' There was this girl who was about to meet some guy she had met on the internet, and they had fallen in love. BUT WAIT. First she needed to tell him a secret.

Internet girl was crying. She met this guy on myspace and he was HOT. The secret must be horrible. It's eating away at her. Can't you see by her tear stained face? As the camera went in for the close up, the man on my right stopped eating his pnuttles. The moustache man on my left leaned forward, and the asian dude...well he kept sleeping. I looked up from reading the paper...

"...and my secret is..." Click. Black screen. Cable went out. WHAT THE...You could almost hear me, pnuttle guy and moustache man collectively gasp. Then we kind of eyed each other and all sat back in our seats, slightly embarrassed.

When the cable came back on, we never found out what that chick's problem was, but her internet lover was in for a surprise I'm sure.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Waiting at the car dealer is hell! (no, I haven't read that book, but I've had the experience). I've fallen asleep and probably snored. Ugh.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

With all my trash-tv watching, I should know the answer to the mystery. I feel like I've let you down. Please forgive me. And send me a cookie.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

That would be a good contest - what was internet girl's secret? And you get ....a cookie.

I'm not entering because you'd just give it to me because of your guilt from last time. Yeah, that's right...your guilt...;).

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home