Wednesday, April 19, 2006

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else

According to the L.A. Times, 'American Girl' is opening a new store at the Grove. This is nothing but bad news to me. I like the Grove. A lot. If I could ever get there. You see, I live 15 miles away from the Grove. According to mapquest, that should take 27 minutes. However every time I head that way, it takes at least 57 minutes. At least.

And by the time I do make it there, while I love the little meters that tell me how many parking spots are left on every floor, we all know that by the time I make it to the third level, some jerk in their new Hummer is going to take the very spot that was pre-destined to be mine. L.A. is rough terrain, Hummers abound.

Back to the dollies. I am no fan of dolls. I have never liked them, and I never owned them. I had dollhouses, no dolls. I guess that's why I became an architect. Let's bring this full circle. I know nothing about dolls, however I did much research on American Girl, seeing as how they were a possible client, way back when. Turns out these things are HUGE with the 'tween set. Who knew. You can have parties for the girls AND their dolls, get them outfits to match your own, some stores even have hairdressing stations...for the dolls. You heard me.

Anyway, I love the Grove. I love it for it's open air faux-Italian plaza with it's 'let'sbelikeVegasbutnotsomuch' dancing water show. I loved it before the renovation, when I could get some beignets and coffee and relax on a Sunday morning. But now. Now with the dolls and the traffic and the, ugh? I just don't think I will ever see the Grove again. 15 miles is a long long way away.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm just not a fan of The Grove. Now, the Farmer's Market, I like that a lot, but I liked it much more before. : (

Thursday, April 20, 2006 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

you know, since I only live 0.3 miles from the Grove I could be convinced to transport items to a more convenient location in exchange for cookies.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

"American Girl" is so creepy.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Rokes said...

I never liked dolls either!! I liked stuffed animals though! ;)

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

I admit that I love those dolls. Less, now, than when I was 10, but I still love them. And I live across from the Grove. And the other day I saw a Notice on the front of the American Girls store that said they were applying for a liquor license!

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Even they know the only way some parents could get through that horrible ordeal. I'm so glad I had a boy. Dolls are almost as evil as clowns.

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Ooh I've had beignets and a cafe au lait at the Gumbo Pot before.. yum.

Friday, April 21, 2006 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Those dolls are creepy.

Friday, April 21, 2006 7:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home