Friday, April 07, 2006

Sweatin' to the oldies

No I'm not in jail. Nor am I playing pinball, for the next month and a half. The kids are still by my side, it's just that the in-laws are here, which means more free time for me. *insert sigh of relief* I was about to lose it for a while there. The terrible twos are really, well, terrible.

The Kid is on some kick where he needs to scream before he takes a nap. Does that sound grating to you? Well come over and experience it in person. You'd rather stab your eyeballs out. At least I would.

Somedays I feel bad and end up crawling into bed with him. It seems the only true way to make him sleep is to have him put his ear to my chest and tuck his head under my chin. It sounds sweet doesn't it? It is - except for his little boy sweat-i-ness. Why do little boys sweat so much? I mean, good god, it's like they've taken a bath in their sleep! If I woke up in a pool of my own sweat, I think I'd be a little upset. Doesn't seem to phase him one bit.

So while I have these babysitters, I am making the most of things. So that means look for lots of baking posts. Lots and lots of them.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Good for you! Yay for in-laws (sometimes), right?

Friday, April 07, 2006 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

My in-laws are staying with us too! Only they have been here for 6 days already and I am done with them. Time to go home.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:02:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

And time for lots more "that baby takes after your side" posts. I hope not tho.

Remember - Don't hate me because I'm beautiful:)

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

By the way, I speak for both Ren and myself in saying that having our in-laws around for that amount of time would probably kill us. Or we'd commit murder...and then we could go to jail...hmmmmmm...

Saturday, April 08, 2006 2:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home