Tuesday, May 16, 2006

and here we go, life's waiting to begin

Random things.

1. Tom Delonge thinks he can 'save rock and roll' by blatantly stealing U2 licks? I thought that was U2's job anyway. Good luck with that.

2. The Kid has been hooked on Toy Story 1 & 2 for over a week now. It's like crack. We only watch 10 minutes, then pause it, but that's ALL DAY LONG. I am officially sick of Tom Hanks. Sure I didn't like him before, but what with the DaVinci Code previews, now I'm really sick of him. Maybe I just hate long hair.

3. Look at this box of flashcards that my Kid got as a gift. It's hilariously nerdy. That saying should be made into a t-shirt. For nerds. Still, I'm down with anything that comes with a monkey.


.

7 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

That indirectly reminds me of these kids who were at South Beach; out of place, post spring break. They were dogging this guy for having a dictionary in his hand as he was unloading his mercedes. Yeah baby, save your hands so you can pump my gas...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Are those BrainQuest cards? Because I had to go buy them the other day at B&N so my company could survey our biggest competition. Our products, for the record, are way cooler. Though there are no monkeys involved.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Those are Brainquest cards! This is the ONLY pack that rocks because it has a monkey. The other ones look pretty lame.

My Kid picked it up really fast though, so I guess it works. "It's OK if he's smart." He's not going to play basketball, that's for sure.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

my son used to be hooked on toy story but now that my sister buys him a whole slew of dvds he actually alternates between all of them.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Speaking of monkeys, did you see the story about the bears who ate the monkey at a zoo, in front of zoo visitors? Crazy!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

My Wife is addicted to Finding Nemo... well, mainly just the Turtle scene.....

Cool cards! What's he learning from them anyhow?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Hm. This set is for 2-3 year olds, and I started him on it before he was two, so, he learned colors, animals, the difference between things, blah blah.

I'd be interested in seeing the 'better products' that Jen sells. But I don't want to turn into Rick Moranis in Parenthood.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home