Monday, May 01, 2006

Bright lights. Dark room.

Where was I?
I was in Vegas, baby!
Highlights/revelations? Sure...

1. Why is a 3-1/2 hour drive to Vegas so much easier than a 2 hour drive to San Diego? Driving to SD sucks.

2. I found out that I can totally be a single mom...IF I had three nannies. Good lord. WHAT A LOT OF WORK. Lots of bonding time with the kids though.

3. Even though I was gone, Nanette and I still emailed each other thursday night, "...did you see Pam & Jim..." "...jinx, sooo cute..." "...high from a lip ring..." We are dorks.

4. Roulette and I have an odd relationship. I give it faith and devotion and it gives me buckets of money. LOADS. (Guess how much. Go ahead.) Sure it's not love, but it's still satisfying.

5. It's amazing that people still dress like hoochies in their mid-40s'. Just when does that get old? Someone should make a chart so that I am aware.

The real reason I went to Vegas? To see Depeche Mode at the Hard Rock Hotel on Sunday night. How was it? Well...let's just say that the difference between Vegas and L.A. is that out here - they are gods. Everyone knows every word, every move, every note. They don't, say...walk out in the middle of an excellent acoustic version of "Shake the Disease." *sigh* Oh well. Most people were probably comped tickets and drunk and just happy to be outside. Oh yeah. It was outside, 'concert under the stars'. Nice weather though.

I had fun anyway - while my cousin, (like when we saw Erasure) lamented our lost youth and the fact that we are no longer in our 20s'. True, it's hard to go to bed at 1am and get up to two kids at 6am. Not something I'd recommend.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I was beginning to wonder a bit, and I was especially sad when I clicked here Friday and there was no funny rehashing of Thursday's episode of The Office. I found it to be one of the funniest (and sweetest) I'd ever seen. And my god, the line, "Have you ever pooped ... a balloon?" Classic.

Monday, May 01, 2006 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh good...you were gone for a good reason! I always hear about the terrible L.A. concert audiences and I just haven't experienced that. Maybe I just go to the wrong shows! Or maybe the right ones! I know the L.A. audience last fall for Ben Folds was great and the audience in Vegas a couple nights later sucked. Most of the people were there to see Rufus Wainwright (ick) who was also on the bill...they sat on the floor, talking loudly and rudely during Ben's set.

Glad you had fun and welcome back!

Monday, May 01, 2006 9:36:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Welcome back! It's been too damn quiet around here.

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Jen, this is not the Kelly Kapour story hour. I ain't rehashing nothin'.

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Can you please move to Santa Monica so we can enjoy Thursday night's episodes of The Office together? And then you can show me how to become a true baking/crafty goddess instead of the box mix, Shrinky Dink poser I am! Come on, come on! :)

Monday, May 01, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger will said...

You and I were in the same place Depeche Mode was on the same weekend. Only I was in a slightly different desert. But guess what? I skipped 'em. That's right. Kick me now. But after Franz Ferdinand I couldn't take any more of the Coachella Stage (or the gathering crowd) so I wandered off to see Tosca instead.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

*kick*
Will. Stop following me. I already told you that person you saw at work last Sunday, was not me, but a "JENNposter." Everyone wants to be me.

----

Oh and Kat, NO - I am not "knocked up again," just stuck in Vegas with no computer for blogging. Thanks for asking.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

lolz.

Mmmmmm Acoustic Shake the Disease. Love that song.

Next time you go to vegas can I give you monies and you go rock roulette and then give me more monies? kkthxbye.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Okay. So jealous over here. Man DM. Lucky duck!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Jen was just having the most amazing conversation EVER. You know those guys have been reading the blogs for that story line. I swear she was telling Dwight nearly the same thing you posted.

At 38, all I can say is - they don't feel in their 40s and there's always someone older to snag? I try not to dress like a hoochie...but I can't bring myself to the docker side...I CAN'T!!! *sob*

I had to ask. You know I did. Remember -don't choke on anything.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home