Monday, May 15, 2006

But in my life I loved you more.

Rubber Soul is a great album. It was the turning point of the Beatles, not only in how they were influenced, but who they influenced. It set us up for even greater things to come.

I used to own all the Beatles records. By records I mean vinyl. Albums, rarities, picture discs, I had a ton. When record players went out of style, I sold all of it, ALL OF IT on ebay.

For some reason I never re-bought any of them. It just didn't 'sound' the same to me on cd. Finally, Capitol has released eight of the albums in two sets, in both mono and stereo versions. How could I NOT buy them? Now they are home with me where they belong. You don't know how happy this makes me.

Some mornings, I sing "In My Life" to the baby. Don't worry, no one can hear me but him. Either he doesn't like the Beatles, or he doesn't like my singing. I hope it's not the former, but then again when he got me up 4am, we sat and watched 80s videos on VH-1, and he sure was jamming to LL Cool J. Oh well. Everyone's a critic. At least I know I sound better than this.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I've still got em on records, in mono and Stere....I'm a nerd.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love "Norwegian Wood." But, "Eleanor Rigby" from Revolver remains my all-time favorite Beatles song.

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I have all the albums on CD, because I'm not cool enough to own vinyl. When I took an entire college course on the Beatles, I discovered that Revolver was actually my favorite album. However, I danced with my dad at my wedding to "In My Life." Such a great song.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

It's only THEGREATESTALBUMEVER!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I just read today that Paul will be 64 next month. Guess he has his answer to that question huh?

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous kristen said...

Oh sweet heavens. In My Life. One song that never fails to make me all a quiver. Have you heard the Johnny Cash version?

That song has some serious history for me. In my post about songs that couldn't be played at my wedding b/c they belonged to another boy...well, that's the main one.

Le sigh.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home