Monday, May 08, 2006

Get yourself a wife. Get yourself a job.
You're living a dream. Don't you be a slob

If I could, I'd live in Pasadena. It's has a nice small town feel, but is still a big city. There are houses with big yards, excellent restaurants and lots of street life. When I lived there, I walked places. I know, gasp. Me walking. More importantly, there is great architecture. All the things I love.

Oh. Did I mention the heat? Motherf*ck, does this say 113 degrees? Yes. Yes it does. I think people in Hell go to Pasadena for vacation. I love that town, but I hate heat more than anything else.

That being said, one of my best friends lives out there, and thank god it's been mild temps, cause she hosted a nice dinner party at her house. At 4pm, there is no heat, only lovely sun and nice breezes. Seeing as how I was alone, and how I was dying to see my friends, I was forced to bring the kids, thus making myself the lone person there with children. Hey, she told me to bring them. Don't blame me.

She has a historic home, with a nice yard, and there were appetizers and wine before dinner. My friends got good and sloshed and that's when they decided that playing with the kids was more fun than talking to the other adults.

Taking care of two kids by yourself sucks ass, thank you. I never want to do that again. The weird thing? No one asked where my husband was. He was very disappointed that no one cared. Maybe they just all assumed I was a single mom. Even if he did leave me, it'd be quick because he'd just wear his entire wardrobe out the door.
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Stan said...

But it's a dry heat.

I never thought I'd want to live in Pasadena either, but when I got the job here at the earthquake office I looked around and said the equivalent of (smacks forehead) "Wow! I coulda had a V8!" Now we've been living here for 11 years and it's great. Sure it's hot in the summer, but it cools off at night and you don't have to deal with the Westside congestion and attitude.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home