Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I was feeling cold and tired
yeah kinda sad and uninspired

This is how my personal design process works. I go to the craft store, buy any kind of random junk that fascinates me, then wait for inspiration. This usually strikes at 2am on a Friday night when I'll wake up and start sketching whatever odd things pop into my brain.

This time I woke up and decided to make a bag. One that used this fab fabric and these bamboo purse handles I had stored away. I decided to make it for a friend's upcoming birthday. Halfway through the sewing I thought, dammit, why didn't I just go to the mall and buy one of those stuffed bears holding a "BFF" heart, for Christ's sake. But I trudged on. And look, not too bad. It only took an hour from sketch to completion.

Let it be noted I could have just sewed the damn handles onto the fabric. That would have made life way easy. But since this is a gift, it's so much better to use strong velcro to hold the handles on, that way they can easily be removed for washing. See, I am nice sometimes. Don't get me started on the male vs. female sides of velcro. It just creeps me out velcro has to 'do it' in order to work. Ew.

I wonder what inspiration will strike next...
How I made this bag - HERE.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Velcro -- very clever! :)

And the bear w/ a heart. . .oh that was too much!

The bag looks fabulous!!!!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Love it!!! Great idea with the velcro. :)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Cool bag! Only you would think to use velcro so that the handles could be removed for washing. Brilliant!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oooh, I would *SO* buy that bag. When I can I order one?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You are a great friend and terribly crafty!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home