Friday, June 02, 2006

Burger time

My Husband is obsessed with having "THE BEST," when it comes to food. Everything has to be "the best___." I don't really get it, but this is how most of our conversations are:

H: "Have you heard of 'Father's Office' in Santa Monica?
Jenn: "Yes. Supposedly one of the best hamburgers in town."
H: "How could you not have told me this information?"
Jenn: "Well, they are kind of pricey and we all know how you're a cheap bastard."
H: "But it's the best! You're holding out on me."
Jenn: "Cheap...bastard. You're telling me you're willing to spend 'X' amount of cash on a burger??"
H: "How long have I lived here, and you never tell me these things..."

I dunno. I've heard the Counter in the best burger in L.A. Let it be known that I just said that out loud. I'm not holding back nothin'.

Oh and hey - today is "Free Donut Day." I'd say take advantage of this - since they no longer hand them out willy nilly like they did before.

6 Comments:

Blogger ren said...

i am not a burger fan but i have been to the counter once and i have to say, you could make a wicked burgerless burger there. the onion marmalade is really good. toss on some tomato, avacado, mixed greens...maybe some cheese and leave the meat behind.

and jodi will disagree but i'd say avoid the fried pickles, they are not the joy they sound like.

Friday, June 02, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

First of all, did Ren say "wicked?" Geez, she sounds like my sister in Rhode Island.

I've never been to Father's Office, but I do hear they are good. And personally the BURGERS at The Counter are amazing. What's the point of a "burgerless burger?" I don't get it. The burgers at Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale are also really, really good.

Oh, and the fried dill pickles rock my world. I'd say the choice is yours though.

Friday, June 02, 2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I don't get the whole Krispy Kreme fad. I grew up with them in the Southeast and personally find them to be pretty disgusting. (But for free...hmmmm....)

Friday, June 02, 2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

The "Father's Office" guy was just on Food Network (The Secret Life Of...) It sounded pretty good...

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Krispy Kreme killed the donut biz here in the midwest. Can't get a decent bakery donut to save your life anymore. Hate 'em for that.

Damons has good burgers. So does Cheesecake Factory. I read the only burger that chef from Travel Channel (whashisname?) will eat is In'n'Out but I'm not fortunate enough to have indulged yet.

Monday, June 05, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Father's Office has yummy burgers, but the most AMAZING sweet potatoe fries.

I haven't tried The Counter yet, but I want to. Unfortunately it's right next to my Weight Watchers location, so I'm afraid I'll get struck by lightning if I get too close to the restaurant.

Monday, June 05, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home