Sunday, June 25, 2006

Come, Armageddon! Come!

If Morrissey was right and everyday IS like Sunday, then someone shoot me. Instead of doing things that I am supposed to be doing, I decided to do something totally unnecessary. Most people would procrastinate by watching tv, I choose to tackle a craft project for no good reason.

I bought these super cute coinpurse frames that have been taunting me, sitting on my desk. Seeing as how I am swamped, I decided to take a break and try one out. BAD IDEA. Two hours later I am craft hell, and the neighbors are probably wondering who's screaming, "GODDAM COINPURSE!" out the window. The sewing was a breeze, but how the heck do you get these f*ckers to clamp shut? Pliers they tell me. Right. It ain't working.

I felt teary. And stressed. And who gives a damn cause these aren't for anyone in particular, but I go nuts when I can't finish something. So instead...I made this bag to give as a gift. Tell me, which fabric do YOU think is better?


I, of course, felt complete satisfaction that the stupid bag only took 30 minutes, but that coinpurse still sits in the back of my mind...taunting me.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I like the fabric on the right. Even though that coinpurse was the bain of your existence today, it's still totally cute. I am jealous of your crafty ways, my friend.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I prefer the fabric on the left. I like colorful and dark. The white one would get way too dirty, in my world.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

It's hard to pick one because they're both really cute. I pick the one on the right only because that's the one I would buy. It matches more of my clothes.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Oh, that's a hard one. I'd probably gravitate toward the one on the left because it's so fun, but the one on the right would probably go with more. Hmm...

Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Hmm, I would probably buy the colorful one, but would make way more use out of the more neutral one.

Hope you figure out how to close the clamp on the coinpurse.

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Alicat said...

the one on the left -- really good point about the light one getting dirty for those of us that are bad about stuff like that. :)

Monday, June 26, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger carolb said...

Love the one on the left.

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Definitely the one on the left. Good luck with that darn coin purse... hope someone helps you out.

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Lefty Lucy

I bet the kid could close that coinpurse.

Or maybe a hammer.

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home