Monday, June 12, 2006

I don't like cities but I like New York...
other places make me feel like a dork

So this weekend I went to Namibia and had a baby. Oh no, wait. That wasn't me.

Actually, three friends and I went to New York...for 24 hours. Think of it as sort of an excursion related to the BSE. It was a ridiculously short amount of time, but we saw a lot! These girls, love to eat. Of course they are all skinny, and they lived up to their full potential and actually ate from morning until night. While me, not skinny, AND not an eater -I took pictures of them and pointed and laughed.

For their eating tour, I think their highlight was dinner at Iron Chef Morimoto's new Manhattan restaurant. The food really was pretty impressive, with the girls downing no less than 5 appetizers as well as full entrees. I was more taken with restaurant itself, which was designed by Tadao Ando, and had those crazy 'japanese toilets' in the bathroom. It was also exciting to see Morimoto himself, 10 feet away, working the sushi bar.

Places we went in 24 hours: Soho, Chelsea Market, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, 5th Avenue, Time Warner Center, Morimoto, Serendipity.

Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate at 2am is always a nice way to end a trip.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger ren said...

my parents went to morimoto's place in philadelphia. they said it was excellent but they were more impressed that he not only came out and talked to them, he graciously signed a menu for my nephew. i like when people are nice.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

i have yet to go to new york!
sounds like you had fun even though it was a short period of time.

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Fun! No visit to Magnolia for their famous cupcakes?

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Funny you should ask. I had no less than 2 cupcake places I wanted to go to on Saturday, but there just wasn't the time.

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

FUN! I love New York. Of course, being the dork that I am though, I had to look up Morimoto...had no idea who he was.

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Sorry I missed out on the trip! I'm glad you guys had a great time! :)

Monday, June 12, 2006 6:39:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Was it the squat ones or the bidet?

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Yum - those frrrozen hot chocolates are good.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home