Friday, June 09, 2006

Jim: "If people didn't buy their paper from us...well I guess they could just go to Staples."

I love flowers. When my Husband and I started dating he told me he would 'Never buy me flowers, ever.' I thought to myself, 'Ha, right!' Uh, he wasn't lying. Just great.

So what's a crafty girl to do but take matters into her own hands. Paper flowers from these 'kits' from Paper Source. If only goddam Paper Source had told me that the petals weren't pre-punched, why, I probably would have re-thought this whole thing. So here I sit. Every night, xacto knife in hand, cutting out petals to make these flowers. But they are fabulous and worth it.

For the past few weeks and for the next few I will be working on the BEST SHOWER EVER. Or BSE for you who love the abbreviations.

I am throwing a shower for a good friend and I am doing everything. And when I say everything - I MEAN everything. Invitations, cooking the food, making the favors, sewing the tablecloths, and...making flowers. Yup. I think they will look great in these cute curved vases. Stay tuned to see what the rest of the shower will look like...

5 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Winters said...

Very cute!

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Ooooh, I've always loved those flowers from Paper Source! (from afar, never up close)

That shower is going to be AWESOME!!! Take lots of pics!

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Sewing the tablecloths too?! Geez Louis! I'm sure it will be amazing!

You should consider catering events as a side job.

Friday, June 09, 2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

i've always wanted to try those flowers from ps. good luck on the shower! can't believe you're doing everything.

Monday, June 12, 2006 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Derick said...

It can't work as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I consider.
car types | Auctions in PA | calorie requirements

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home