Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Long in the tooth and short on wisdom
Up to here with the ache of it

My husband and I have made a deal that we've been trying out for a few weeks now. He comes home early and goes in to work early (this is a relative term, as 'early' to me is 6am, early to him is 10am) except for Wednesday nights, when he can stay at work as long as his dedicated-butt, wants.

What do I get out of this? A break from the kids, and not going completely insane. What does he get out of it? He doesn't get divorced, that's what. Oh and time with his kids, yeah, that.

I half suspect that he chose Wednesday night because he knows it's 'trash night.' That is - the night you have to take the cans out for pick up the next morning. Inevitably, every Wednesday night, I climb into bed, lay my head down, only to sit up and yell, "OH, SHIT!" Then I have to run outside, and steathily hope the neighbors don't notice that I am half dressed pulling yucky trash cans behind me. Luckily the cans are almost as tall as I am, so I can hide behind them if need be.

After this is done, I climb back in to bed, only to have my husband arrive home minutes later, EVERY. TIME. What is he hiding down the street, pointing and laughing? Dammit. I should just wait 10 minutes next time.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

My nickname is "Garbage Girl." If I didn't take the cans down, our trash would never get picked up. What really gets me is to come home on Tuesday evenings (or nights if I've been out) only to find the cans still on the street. Occasionally my husband will bring them back up, but not usually.

Oh, and I have to kill all the spiders too.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria Winters said...

Thanks for noticing! It's 2 TBS almond extract!! :)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home