Friday, June 30, 2006

my little mochi

The past few days I've felt incredibly cranky. NO, more than normal, thanks. I've yelled at the kids, I've yelled at myself. I just wanna kind of hole up and close my eyes for a bit. When I wake up I hope to be surrounded by pink mochi.

Oh sweet, sweet mochi, you make me really happy, but only the pink ones. Ever since I was a kid, I ONLY ate the pink ones. I don't know why. I am incredibly loyal, to brands, to friends, and mostly, to pink mochi. Sure I'll eat any pink mochi, but we all know that the BEST are from Sakura-ya in Gardena. This is FACT.

(Click for biggie smalls.)

You can see I was eating one for breakfast while I made my shopping list. I must have pink on the brain, probably cause of the shower that I am throwing, of which I am in full effect, yeah! All shower biz, all the time. It's taken all of my time recently, and you can see the progress HERE if you are interested.

If every day started with pink mochi, I might smile just a little bit more.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Having had my first pink mochi yesterday, I must attest to its awesomeness!

Friday, June 30, 2006 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger My Little Corner said...

It must be something in the air, because I've been feeling very grumpy too! And can't figure out why!
Maybe I need some sweet treats too!

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ah mochi, how I love thee! No matter what color or filling I could eat you every day.

Hmm, Sakura-ya are the best eh? We shall have to have a mochi-off. Two Ladies in Hilo is pretty darn good.

Love the pink bakery boxes.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

A mochi off? Do I have to lay the cardboard down on the floor and get my checkered Vans out?

I will bring you some Sakura-ya mochi when I see you in September. Let's hope it survives the heat.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Pink Mochi sounds an excellent way to start a day. But I loves me some green melon mochi. YUM.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

I am LOVIN' all this pink!

*I didn't look at the stuff, promise.

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home