Saturday, June 17, 2006

Patsy: "My mother didn't give birth -
she had something removed."

Nan: "Jenny! You lost so much weight!"
Jenn: "Uh, last time I saw you...I was PREGNANT. Hello."
Nan: "Still. You looked FAT."
Jenn: "You of course understand, that there was a baby...inside of me."
Nan: "Your boobs are still huge, but at least you're not AS fat. You look thin now."

Jenn: "Gee...thanks...?"

By the way - this is my other Grandma. Oh yes. I have two. And oh yes, they are both crazy. I assume she looks at people this way because she is a dressmaker. Then again, maybe she's just nuts.

I'm thinking this weight must be have been dropping for some time - even before the baby, and I just never noticed. Probably cause everyone tells me that I'm fat. So I believe them, and I buy big sizes. Whatever, I'm not going to stop eating cookies, I'll tell you what.

Lately all my clothes are baggy, I know this. I must be walking around looking like TLC circa 1992. Now I can dress like TLC circa 2002.
Or not.
Most likely not.
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous kristen said...

Bring that early 90's fashion back, girl! Just skip the condom over the eye bit, mkay?

Nice post title, too. =)

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger My Little Corner said...

Ok. As much as they probably drive you crazy (your grandmothers, I mean)you're lucky to have them. I love hearing your stories as my grannies passed away along time ago. They seem so cute....

Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Oh I know I'm lucky to have them, but who wants to hear lame stories about how much I love my grandmothers, when they give me so much entertainment to share with you?

Same goes for my kids. I'm not a real fan of *mommy* blogs. Duh, you love your kids, we get it.

Sorry, does that sound harsh? I've been up since 4am. With my kids. That I LOVE.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Please do not dress like Left Eye.

As your severed head is not a fashion statement I recommend.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I was waiting for someone to make a comment regarding that...which is why I said 2002, sucker.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

This post made me giggle.

And congrats on the weight loss!

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm glad O.G. and the Other G can make us laugh as they drive you crazy. Some people just make you crazy. Kids included.

Yeah, not much of a sucker for the cute sentimental stuff either. It's easy to tell you love em. Hence some of my fondness for you.

I must be that weird little pea.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home