Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A pirate walks into a bar, barman asks why he's got a steering wheel tucked into his pants. He replies, "Yaaaargh, they're drivin' me nuts!"*

*That joke is stolen from Giao, that sicko.

That dumb joke made me laugh, which is good cause I feel kinda down. So to distract myself, from sadness AND work I'm supposed to be doing, I have started to plan the Baby's 1st birthday party. You heard right. Yes, it's 5 months away, but if you recall, those things are a massive deal, mostly to my in-laws from Hawaii.

For the Kid's birthday two years ago, I handmade and designed everything from the tablecloths to the favors. It was such a smashing success that I even got a little write up in a magazine, which was nice. I think a big party is ridiculous and I'd love to say forget it, HOWEVER - lord knows I don't want the baby to come to me in 20 years and be all, "I'm totally a crackhead because you didn't give me the same kind of 1st birthday party as my brother." Nope, don't want to hear that.

This time around, I've got it all planned out, and it's all pirate, baby! Why, I have no idea. It has nothing to do with PotC coming out, I've just got pirates on the brain. So I started drawing up some cartoon pirate versions of my kids. I think I will use these in the invitation somehow.

Anyway, now that that's done...no more distractions. Honest. No really. Stop looking at me like that. Hey...is that a shiny object over there...?


7 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

this is the coolest thing ever.

Monday, June 26, 2006 11:45:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Does everyone get to wear eyepatches? Too cool!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

I'm honored you used my hubby's joke. =) And I LOVE the invite illos. Can't wait to hear how the party planning pans out!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm officially a big ol' dork. I thought the "PotC" you mentioned was in reference to the guy from Happy Days. Wait for it, wait for it... Got it? [hangs head in shame]

And that's good that you have some sense of equality with your kids. My parents had sooooo many baby pics of me and three of my younger brother. He got screwed.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Oh now come on! You gotta put that pun on the invites. You have to. It will so rock and the kid will be jeleous that he didn't have such cool invites as his brother.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

LOL @ Nanette! OMG, that is hilarious!

Cute pirate design. You've got skills.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you go to this website you can see a jack sparrow impersonation that uses this joke.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1000714676866606207&q=jack+sparrow

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home