Friday, June 23, 2006

That's what a hamburger's...all about.

If there's one thing O.G. loves, it's MEAT. Tons of it. I think this is why I didn't eat meat for all those years, cause of the stuff she force fed me as a child. Of course, after I got pregnant the second time, now I crave meat like crazy. Which, to her, is much cause for celebration, because I willingly, even OFFER to take her to places that will cook up some yummy dead animal. Mmm...boy.

Recently, we went to The Counter. It's a designer's dream - build your own burger! That's why I like this place. No one tells me what to do! I said guacamole on my burger, dammit! And let me really kill myself and throw a fried egg on top of it all! EW. Anyway, O.G. LOVED the place sooo much she even wrote up a review for you. Gotta give the old lady her props.

The Counter - by O.G.
"Since this was my first time at this restaurant, I chose the usual burger ingredients: 1/3lb meat, Bermuda onions, lettuce blend and tomatoes. I also chose the roasted garlic aioli sauce - all on a hamburger bun.
The whole thing was perfect - the meat was thick and cooked to medium, it was excellent in flavor, moisture and tenderness. The bun was different from the usual bready dome. It was flat in shape making the bread crust very tasty.
Since I didn't order any 'special' toppings, the bun lay on top easily and was simple to cut and eat in hand.
Next time I think I will try some other unusual cheeses and toppings...Danish Blue Cheese, roasted chilies, avocado & Russian dressing, maybe in a bowl!"

She said she'd like to go back and order only meat. Gross. She also said this is one of the BEST burgers she has EVER eaten. Since she's been alive for 85 years, that's saying a lot.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

Oh my, OG just made me really hungry.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Of course, now you have to take her to Father's Office to compare. We need a direct point/counterpoint review of the two places.

We need this information like we need air to breathe, it is our lifeblood.

Thank you. :-)

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger ren said...

ii like that place and want a burger WITHOUT the meat. maybe O.G. and i should go together. they have great toppings. if she likes onions tell her that the onion marmalade is really good.

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I have to agree with O.G. It's truly one of the best burgers I've ever eaten as well. (Granted, I've never been to Father's Office). Other favorites are the burgers at Kua'Aina Burgers in Haleiwa, Oahu, The Glenwood Pines in Ithaca, NY and Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale.

They are supposed to have good burgers at a new place in Hollywood called Lucky Devils. Maybe O.G. can check it out and give a review!

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

the OG is hardcore.

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

She sounds perfectly normal to me. I think you're making all that stuff up.

Friday, June 23, 2006 4:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Oh my god, that looks delicious!!!

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You haven't had a burger until you have been to:

http://dangerousdansdiner.com/

And had:
Quadruple C
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake (flavor of your choice) and a small poutine.

(Poutine is fries topped with cheddar cheese curds and gravey, its good --trust me)

Ohhhh and for dessert pan fried cookie dough.... droooool.... Its like raw cookie dough with extra butter and the butter and chocolate are all melty..

Saturday, June 24, 2006 2:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home