Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bounce with me

Yesterday, I went out to dinner with friends that I see about once a month. They asked me what I planned to do for my upcoming birthday. Honestly, I have no idea. My birthday is a big deal to me, but when you have kids, it's kind of glossed over. Much like Christmas. Kids first.

Then today we went to a kid's 2nd birthday party. We drove by the park and saw three jumpy bouncers. None of them were for the party we were to attend. In this town - it's all about the bouncers. Goodness. These monstrosities are all over the neighborhood on any given weekend. Kids love them. Not my Kid, of course. But all the other kids were enjoying themselves. My little anti-social child stood in the corner, and once the kids cleared out, he said, "MOMMY, LET'S JUMP!" No. Mommy does not want to jump. I'm sure they are fun, and maybe I'd enjoy it...if there was no bouncing. It looks like a vomit inducer waiting to happen.

Looking back maybe I should have told my friend that I want a bouncer for my birthday. That way I could just lay in there and take a nap.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

When is your birthday? One of my friends rented a bouncer for his 35th birthday party. I purposely wore a skirt so I'd have an excuse to not go in! The man-toddlers all loved it though!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ugh! I hate bouncers. They should call them kid head bangers.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:42:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I love those things. But I don't think I'd take a nap in it. Maybe other things but not a nap.

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home