Sunday, July 23, 2006

the donkey show

Back from the Con. I met many nice internet friends, and had one of the nicest get-away weekends I've had in a long time. This year was much crazier than years past. I daresay I have NEVER seen it quite this crowded. That, coupled with the heat, drove me close to insanity. As a stroller pusher, I have to say, I would NEVER think of bringing my kid to the Con. It's simply too crazy, too crowded. As a person trying to walk around the stroller pushers I have to say, 'get that f*cking stroller out of my way.'

The one reason I went down there was to see Kevin Smith. He was scheduled for a 1pm panel, and we, being loyal fans and smarty-pants, avoided the lines and got there early, around 11am, only to find out...he was stuck in traffic. In other words, we waited for him for over 3 hours...no Kevin. He was a mere 15 miles away, but in traffic terms on the 5 fwy, that was hours. In the meantime we saw a panel with Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. What did I take away from that panel? That Robert Rodriguez is a sexy motherf*er.

the line outside to see Kevin Smith

We were promised that'd he show up at 6:30pm for one final talk of the night, and after MORE waiting, we were rewarded. Whew. Cause if that fell through too, I'd probably just pass out outside on the lawn and call it a day. Someone would find me. Eventually. He did a quick Q&A, a short 45 minutes, which in Kevin Smith time, is only a few questions, but it was all worth it. He was happy, we the loyal followers were happy, it was a lovefest.

I'd post pictures, but I didn't take many. Like I said, this year was different than others. More crowded, less to see, or maybe I'm just too old for this. Nah. I'll be back next year.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

We saw Clarks 2 last night. Hilarious. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a complete suckfest. Although I could've done without the donkey show action. THAT was a complete suckfest. Literally.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It was great meeting you too! Sorry if I ruined the photos we tried to take. Me and my 'googly eyes!' The Con was different in so many ways for me too this year and yes, the crowded have been growing steadily for the past several years. Some folks waiting hours in line Saturday for registration and didn't get in. Yikes! Hopefully, I'll have a post soon and maybe a couple of photos. I really didn't get many good ones this year. Cheers!

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

crowded=crowds

waiting=waited

d'oh! I really should get to bed!

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

Here, here on the stroller pushers! I bet we bumped into each other at some point in the weekend...I feel like I bumped into everyone at some point in the weekend! Glad you got to see Kevin. My husband and I sat in Hall H from Frank Miller on waiting, just in case - and avoiding the crowds.

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

P.S - the interaction Smith had with the deaf guy and the interpreter....wickedly funny to me. I laughed so hard I felt a little guilty.

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger ren said...

it was so nice to meet you. i only wish we had more time to hang. but now that you know i am not quite as scary as i seem maybe we will do it again without the nerds. and thank you for saving my life with vegan cookies. you freakin' rock the kitchen. you're just awsome. blog on, dude, blog on!


you can tell i'm really tired, can't you?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home