Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Gelato, bitch.

I don’t know much about Japanese people, I do know that if you are going to visit friends, you are supposed to bring gifts. Don’t ask me why, but if you don’t you’ll feel awful about it. Trust me.

Since I was heading to the Con I thought I’d try to make some Vegan cookies. So I turned to the QUEEN of all things Vegan, mipmup. She lives, like, 2 miles from me. I have never met her nor do I know her name, or what the f*ck mipmup means. More importantly she doesn’t kick my ass when I jokingly email her to tell her that I clubbed a baby seal for my new winter boots. Ha.

She gave me what she claimed was the ‘best Vegan cookie recipe’ ever. I did what I do with all recipes, I took one look and threw it out and started over. First of all, her re-worked recipe was super hippie. No thanks. So I went to the original and I made it more ‘Jenn-tastic’ (it’s in the dictionary, bitches) and honestly, she was right. That was one damn fine cookie, Vegan or no. It didn’t dry out, not too sugary, and not to heavy. It was just really…perfect.

Did she convert me to all Vegan cooking? Of course not. I didn’t get these curves by skipping out on butter and eggs, I’ll tell you what. For now the baby seals are safe. The baby otters, on the other hand. They’re going down. Those too cute - smug little bastards have got it coming.

Vegan Oatmeal Pumpkin cookie recipe, HERE.
** Don’t forget to enter the CONTEST.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

All I gotta say is that you're funny. And I'm hiding my baby otter.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'll have to try those! Yum!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger ren said...

those were some damn fine cookies, woman. thanks for posting the recipe. but you know...if you ever feel the need to just bake them again...i'll be over here...waiting...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Mipmup is the queen of vegan goodies. Those cookies sound GOOD.

Now, I got all excited for the gelato, and I didn't get the reference in your title. Dang.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Thrusher said...

I just moved back to the US after four years in Japan . . . and you are right! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home