Tuesday, July 04, 2006

How do you hold on to someone you've never met?

Today I went to the movies. If you are looking for a Superman review...well, go somewhere else. As much as I *love* a red cape, I only give you....a magic mailbox. OH YEAH. I saw the Lakehouse. OH YEAH, it was...uh, kinda lame. But there were parts that I enjoyed. Here, let me lay it out for you:

1. Architecture.
There were tons of architectural references, which I loved but I think may be lost on some viewers. Almost venturing into the whole 'Fountainhead' - man's individuality above all else blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong. I love that book, I'm just saying a whole dialogue on a subject of architecture makes the chick flick audience lose interest.

2. The long shag
Sandra Bullock's hair captured my attention though the whole movie. Distracting me, even. I have a short shag hairdo, which I am growing out, but wondering if it's worth it considering I look frightening right now. In the movie she has a long shag and it's very becoming. I think I will ride out this bad hair storm that I am in the middle of.

3. Hardball
The girl in front of me explained to her friend, "He's that guy from HARDBALL." Hardball? I mean...not Bill & Ted's, or The Matrix, even? Freakin' Hardball? REALLY?? This does not make a good case on my love for him. No it does not...

4. Turtleneck
I am not a fan of the turtleneck, however, goddam that boy can rock a turtleneck. Just saying.

5. Time travel
The only movie about time travel that I truly enjoy is Back to the Future, one. ONE.

Basically it is a really odd love story about two people, from different times, very much in love, that just can't seem to get it together, timing wise. I'm not telling you to go see it. I'm simply telling you that that gorgeous man from Hardball made a movie about a mailbox. That's all.
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

Wow. You really do love him. You couldn't get me to watch that movie if they put those clockwork orange prongs in my eyes.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Have I told you that my friend refers to the Lakehouse as "Speed, but slower"?

I saw Superman. It was awesome. If nothing else, he is eye candy. Yummy, yummy eye candy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I like candy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Definitely turtleneck worthy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:13:00 PM  
Anonymous PurrrL said...

Brandon Routh in 3D made me want to lean over and kiss the theatre air when ever he got close...but I didn't, cuz that would've been silly...but not as silly as people who decided to make a movie like The Lake House! But, hey, there's something for everyone in the candy store. :)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got into a fight with "A" and so I headed out to the movies. Very excited to Lake House on the movie board since I heard it from JJ! But sad cuz I had missed the movie time. So I went to see The Breakup instead...mistake. Thankfully - afterward, shopped a bit to calm down and then back into the theater for some Lake House. Loved her hair AND the clothes, I wanted all her outfits! (I missed the first 7 miutes (basically up to the end of the credits rollin'). can you fill me in?)

~cb

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way...I can't friggin' spell! sorry.

~cb

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home