Monday, July 10, 2006

The silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload

Last night the Kid was sick. Runny nose, cough. All this added up to no sleep. For me, not him. He was out, less an hour after a liberal dose of Benadryl. Meanwhile, I was tossing and turning all night. I think I got in one solid half hour of sleep.

Then I had to drive to the O.C. to pick up my MIL. Since I was a couple of blocks from Disneyland, I stupidly decided to 'stop by.' This is the benefit of having an annual pass and kids that still get in for free. Once we got through the hard part: parking, security check, ticket gate, I was dragging. The no sleep plus the insane heat was killer. I even got sunburn, and I never burn. While the Kid went on "It's a Small World" I inhaled half a bag of PINK cotton candy. That gave me enough energy to stay awake on the freeway going home.


Then with all this talk of 'fried chicken' (sans waffles), I went the slightly healthier route and made some oven fried chicken and roasted baby potatoes for dinner. It was delicious. Try it.

Now I am trying to come up with a design for a better tablecloth for the shower. My first idea? It just ain't working. I have also realized that I hate math. Math can bite me.

I still haven't slept. Cause that's how I roll. With no sleep, sunburned, a tummy full of chicken and scissors in my hands. That was my Monday.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger ren said...

you know, the pennsylvania dutch have chicken and waffles too but it's generally more like a chicken and gravy. on top of waffles. i think it's naaaaasty but i know a lot of people who love it. of course, the pennsylvania dutch also brought us scrapple.

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry about your kid being sick and you not getting much sleep. I can relate...not with the sick kid part, but the no sleep part. Every time I lie down, I cough and cough...I'm so sore and exhausted that I resort to cough syrup that leaves me all loopy...and still only allows for 1.5-2 hours of coughless sleep intervals. Ugh.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

We were at Disneyland at the same time - we just got back from our "vacation" last night. It was sooooo hot and I made the mistake of wearing a black top. At least it wasn't too crowded.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Aw. I wish I'd have known. We could have rode Dumbo together. NOT.
Did you see that line? Holy crap.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Ooh, ooh I'm so gonna try the oven fried chicken!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home