Thursday, July 06, 2006

Six Degrees of Kevin BACON

This is what dinner for five looks like in our house. Don't mind that bowl of sweet potatoes and mushed peas over there. Some of us don't have teeth. For those that do, we have Turkey Burgers...with BACON. Mmm. Not a bacon burger, oh no. That's where the bacon just lays on top. Here, I cooked the bacon and then chopped it up and threw it pre-patty forming. There's nothing I hate more than chopping bacon. Well. Maybe Rachel Ray. The smell of bananas. Polka dots. Yeah, I hate all of those things more.

As you can tell from this here photo, I had no tomatoes. No lettuce. No buns. Hey. I was on the 405 for an hour and half today. I pulled this recipe out of thin air and it came out pretty good, so who needs buns?? Sure there's bacon and it may sound bad for you, but hey, at least it's turkey! And those onion rings, they're panko coated...and baked! So...yeah...totally healthy! Um, nevermind. Just go eat a salad.

(When I rule the world, all plates will have monkey heads on them.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

You hate polka dots???




I guess we can still be friends.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

With meals like that, you wonder why the kid bit you? ;)

Blame Kevin and his big mouth. After I stopped wincing in pain, we had a good laugh at your expense, you poor thing.

Friday, July 07, 2006 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've never been much of a fan of turkey burgers, but with bacon...hmmmm, they might just be palatable. Those pickles look good too!

Friday, July 07, 2006 9:32:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

You can't rule the world fast enough for me. Be the boss of me, and everyone else.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 12:58:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Well...be the boss of Will anyway.

I absolutely refuse to ever chop bacon. Even if the recipe calls for it. Why on earth when all you have to do is cook and crumble (or tear it, cut it cooked). It's never actually altered any of my recipes for the worse.

That's just nasty.

My son threw in Mallrats very late last nite. Jason Lee looked like such a kid! They can say that was Kevin Smith's worst one - but we love it.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:50:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

But wait - I got distracted.

The kid bit you.

The boy has timing, I'll give him that.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:53:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

did you actually grill those burgers? if not, let me know how you made the marks. :)

toys...food, two week old cheetohs...food, mommy...food, go figure. :P

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really relieved to know there is someone else in the world who is completely creeped out by polkadots.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home