Monday, July 24, 2006

You're my best friend, and I love you.
In a totally heterosexual way, of course.

Yes, it's 2am, and I'm still up. I just got back from the 10:45 Arclight screening of Clerks 2, with a Kevin Smith Q&A chaser.

Now, I'm no fan of raunch movies. Things like American Pie do not make me laugh. However I'll watch a Kevin Smith movie 10 times over. Go figure. It's the fact that aside from the raunch, there is more. It's the 'more' that I love. The story, the sweetness, the jokes. Clerks 2 was definitely a movie for people like me, in our 30s, dealing with life, love and whole lotta pop culture references.

The soundtrack was great, in my opinion. Maybe because I have been feeling the Talking Heads lately. More the 70s slightly new wave punk TH, rather than the 80's pop TH. Also, I am big on Dave Pirner/Soul Asylum, so the final song, "Misery" made me smile. However, my fave part, was definitely the 'bollywood' moment, only because the Jackson Five's "ABC" is one of my most favorite songs in the known universe. You can probably find me at some time during the day, dancing and listening to that with my headphones on as I design. Cause that's how I roll.

Yes, I could do without the donkey scene, but if you can get through that, you will be handsomely rewarded.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

my husband can't wait to see clerks2 though he'll probably have to wait for awhile to see that...

he rented "waiting" - not sure if you saw that --makes you not want to eat at a restaurant or complain about your food... haha...

Monday, July 24, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Sun Follower said...

I've been wanting to see this - having been a Kevin Smith fan for some time. You probably read his blog, but his multi-part story on Mewes' addiction was truly touching. The movie is getting pretty good reviews over all - sans Joel Segal, of course.

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:30:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

We almost broke down and saw it Friday but life's pace has been brutal (and I didn't even get to go to Vegas). Yeah, busted. I will always love him.

I made that chicken again with teriyaki instead of soy sauce. It went twice as fast. Thanks for the review and the recipe.

Monday, July 24, 2006 6:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home