Tuesday, August 01, 2006

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain

I came home from SD to find that my Kid no longer needs me. I gave him a peck on the cheek and he said, "Mommy, DON DO DAT." Sheesh. I've been rejected before, but come on. I pity his girlfriend if she ever wants any pda.

So, wonder how I did that melon fruit skewer thing? Wonder no more! Usually when I make fruit for parties, I carve the melon into...something. I don't really eat melon, I just like to carve it into crazy sh*t. A whale. A basket. Whatever. It's fun. To me, anyway. Probably because I go nuts with the pumpkin carving every year, it's kinda similar.

This was easy. No carving, just hollow it out and poke the skewers in. More details, HERE. Also, I may have put the hollowed out watermelon on my head...to amuse the Kid.** Don't think I didn't want to carve out a mini one for him to wear too. Nope. Sorry, no pictures of that.


fruit kabobs


(**Yes I washed the watermelon before serving. Good lord. I may be crazy but I'm not unsanitary.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom used to make the watermelon carcass into baskets. What is at the top of the skewer? I was contemplating a basket for the party on Saturday, but I'm not sure how much time I want to put into it, as I'm not sure I'll have enough time anyhow.


*Dina
http://s0niele.blogsome.com

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

ahh - thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Remeber the easier basket where you just hollow it out and put in fruit scoops and bits and little fruit like blueberries. Not as much effort but it still gets eaten.

Jenn, I'm so glad your a sanitary crazy person. Would be that insanitary?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home